Monday, April 6, 2009

Choosing Directions

Well it's time to decide what to do for next year already. I feel sure I'm less worried about Homeschooling High School than I was when she was in grade 3. Is it just me? Or does everyone Homeschooler feel there's some special pressure that is supposed to accompany the High School years? I've decided, it's just another year of schooling in our home. Our direction is to find the area most promising, an area of interest, a possible career. We're going to keep reading good quality books. We're comfortable with our Math and Science choices and so we're almost done making the decisions for this next year.

I can't tell you how freeing it is to have the decisions made.

Why do we overwhelm ourselves so often about the future? Worry about every number, grade or subject? Why do we look for things to fret about?

What a great privilege and honor to school our teens at home. I, for one, am happy we've decided to go the less hoop-jumping route and keep doing what we've been doing all along.

1 comment:

  1. Good choice! I am glad you are taking the relaxed road...it will all work out, so you might as well enjoy it!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete